Sunday, June 30, 2013

lessons from the district.

Lately I've been feeling a little nostalgic of my D.C. summer.
I blogged all about it when I was there, but I still felt like mentioning it today. This could be because it's my favorite week of the year (i.e. the 4th of July is on Thursday), so I'm feeling super patriotic, or it could just be because I loved it so much and am missing it desperately. 
I will always look back on those three months with so much gratitude and fondness. I went into that experience truly terrified. I was sure I was going to fall flat on my face, be somewhat of a loner, and count down the days until I returned home. 
Never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed that it would be one of the best decisions I ever made. I did not fall, I met some incredible lifelong friends, and I chose to stay twice as long as I had originally planned.
That summer really taught me some valuable lessons. I won't go into all the details, but when I think of D.C. I am reminded that taking risks and doing the things you are most afraid of will usually bring about the greatest joy and the most wonderful surprises. 

Missing you my dear district.
xoxo

(kacey.ism 304)

No comments:

Post a Comment