Monday, September 28, 2015

Yellow as far as the eye can see.

On Friday Dan and I picked up some sandwiches from Pot Belly's, hopped in the car, and headed for the mountains. All week I've been telling him how much I wanted to see the leaves and he got us there!
I love this time of year. I think Autumn is when the Earth looks her best. She's so colorful and bright and stylish. Those pops of yellow, and red, and orange, and that soft golden light....she's just stunning. 
As we were heading up Little Cottonwood I kept oohing and ahhhing like someone who's never seen the mountains before. I kind of love that about Utah--she never gets old. 
We made it to the top of Guardsman Pass just in time to see everything lit up before the Sun tucked herself and for a nice sleep. After walking along the trail and snapping a few pictures we sat ourselves down right on the dirt (because naturally we didn't think to bring a blanket), and had a nice little picnic. 
It's funny to think that a year ago from right now Dan and I had yet to exchange I Love You's. And now here we are, casually eating sandwiches on a dirt trail in the mountains. 
I'm grateful for an adventurer of a husband. He keeps us going and exploring and prevents us from ever being boring (his worst nightmare). 
I'm also grateful for Fall. I refuse to see her as the transition from Summer to Winter. I hope she sticks around for a while. 

(kacey.ism 371)

No comments:

Post a Comment