Thursday, February 2, 2017

hello 2017.


After a 6 month hiatus, I've made my way back to the blog.
And we've made it to 2017!
2016 was an interesting year in the world. Most people were not sad to see it go.
For me personally, I loved 2016 and all the good it brought to my life. We bought a house in 2016, we celebrated one year of marriage, we traveled to new places, we made new friends, and we achieved new goals. (more posts to come regarding all of this)
I was sad to see it go, but I am excited to see what 2017 will bring.

2017 has started on an interesting note (understatement) in the world. I go from feeling discouraged, to overwhelmed, to frustrated, to hopeful, to uncertain, to optimistic and around and around it goes. I've tried to look at social media less and focus on what's going on in my own personal life more. I've pondered a lot about what I stand for and what message I want to be promoting. And at the end of the day I just want to choose kindness. I want to choose goodness. I want to share the light of the Gospel and treat every individual with respect. I want to love my neighbor, and trust in my Heavenly Father.
I believe that the majority of people have these same feelings. We live in a vast variety of circumstances and viewpoints, but I truly believe that if we put worldly things aside, we would be left with a similar desire to love one another (something I try to remind myself of often).

It's with this choice to choose goodness that I hope to do my part make a small difference in the world. If I want to see a change it must begin with me.

(kacey.ism 386)

No comments:

Post a Comment