Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter Elephants


Easter Sunday was a particularly lovely day.
The weather definitely had a something to do with it. There's nothing like a sunshiney, blue sky, bird chirping Easter.
Wearing my Easter elephant dress also had a little something to do with it. I have this unexplainable love (obsession?) for elephants lately. I think they are the most beautiful creatures, thus anything with an elephant on it, I must have.
I found that dress at Anthropologie and deemed elephants the new mascot of Easter (because who likes rabbits anyways?).
Most importantly, however, Easter was wonderful because of the true meaning behind it.
It is a day to reflect on my Savior. I thought a lot about Jesus Christ on Sunday. I thought about his birth, his life, his crucifixion, but most importantly I thought about His resurrection.
He died for all of us so that we can live again. It sounds so simple, but it is the most incredible act of love this world will ever witness.
Because of Him every single person has the opportunity to live in His presence for eternity.
When I think about that I feel so hopeful for the world and so grateful for my Savior's love.
So, thank you Easter. Thank you for giving me a day to truly ponder the miracle of the atonement.

(kacey.ism 338)

No comments:

Post a Comment