Sunday, November 24, 2013

Carli + Daniel

A brief look at the Claflin Wedding...
November 23rd, 2013 will always be remembered as the day Carli and Daniel got married. 
It was the most wonderful day. 
There is something so incredibly fulfilling about seeing someone you love literally glowing with happiness. 
When Carli and Daniel walked out of the Brigham City Temple yesterday morning I don't think their feet touched the ground. 
I have never seen such a beautiful site. Those two just adore each other and I am so glad they found each other in this big, wide world, and are sealed together for time and all eternity. 
The wind was a bit blustery and it was chilly outside the temple, but it didn't matter. I asked Carli if she was cold and she said, "Nope! I've never been better!" 

That night we celebrated their marriage at the Country Club. It was beautiful. Carli and my mom covered every last detail. The pictures, the tablecloths, the food, the favors, the flowers, the music...all of it was perfect. All we needed was the people. 
And wow, did the people come. It was a party from 6pm-9:30pm. I was so blown away by all the guests who came because they love Carli and Daniel, and also because they love my parents and the Claflins. 
I loved chatting with guests from near and far and watching the lovebirds smile, hug, and thank everyone for being there. It really was magical. 
One of the highlights of the night was watching Daniel surprise Carli when he serenaded her with the song "Everything" by Michael Buble. He was phenomenal and Carli was speechless. 
The last hour of the night was spent dancing. It was exactly what they wanted and they got it. 
All their friends were there til the very end and they made it a true party. 
When it was time to go we sent them off in style with sparkles, cheers, and watched them drive away in a white Rolls Royce. Again, magic. 

I got a little teary eyed watching them drive away. It was a little bittersweet, but mostly sweet. Carli is embarking on a new fabulous adventure with her darling new husband. 
And even though I will be seeing her all the time, she isn't mine anymore. That's what is giving me a little bit of heartache.
On the other hand, she is the happiest she's ever been and she and Daniel are about to live happily ever after.
I could not ask for anything more for my best friend. 

(kacey.ism 325)

1 comment:

  1. Aw I love these pictures! Such a beautiful wedding and bride.

    ReplyDelete