On Saturday I turned 24 years old.
And despite the fact that I spent the day wearing Minnie Mouse ears running around Disneyworld, it's kind of a grown up age.
I love birthdays. I'm always excited to turn over a new leaf and see what this next year will bring.
This birthday I decided to make a list of 24 important things to remember for this 24th year of life...
1. Life is meant to be lived
2. Tell your family and friends you love them
3. Always have a grateful heart
4. The answers to your prayers are usually right in front of you
5. Hard work will always pay off
6. Be a "Yes" person
7. Getting the giggles is the best way to brighten a day
8. Smile at strangers
9. Try to be the person no one could say a bad thing about
10. Never ignore the impulse to do something nice for someone
11. Eat, exercise, sleep, and be healthy
12. Don't be afraid to take a risk, it usually pays off
13. Enjoy the day-to-day (even Mondays)
14. Silliness is underrated
15. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself, you are worth it
16. The Gospel is everything
17. Dance in the kitchen once a day
18. Be a grown up, but find time to be a kid
19. Choosing to be angry is exhausting, so just don't do it
20. Sometimes Netflix, Diet Coke, and popcorn is the answer
21. Care about what's going on in the world
22. Read a book a month
23. Don't stress about this time of life, embrace it, it'll be gone before you know it
24. You'll only be 24 once, make it a year you'll never forget