Friday, March 25, 2016

Spring Break 2016

Have I ever mentioned how much I love adult Spring Break? Because I LOVE adult Spring Break! 
Dan has never been to Palm Springs (our destination of choice), so I was eager to show him around. I have 20+ years of memories down there and it was time to go from telling him all about it to showing him all of it. 
Palm Springs is also completely interwoven with my sweet Grandpa Noland who passed away 11 years ago. Dan may never get to meet him in this life, but the best way for Dan to get to know who he was is to take him to Palm Springs. 
Our week was filled with playing tennis, playing pickle ball, playing golf, lounging by the pool, and going to the BNP Paribas tennis tournament. 
We landed right when the heat really settled in, so we were hanging in a 90+ degree temperature every day. I love warm weather, so you won't hear me complaining, but it was HOT. 
Another first for Dan was going to a professional tennis tournament. Tennis quickly became a big part of our life together (thank goodness!) and he couldn't wait to see the pros in action. I don't think it disappointed. He even got to cheer on Monfils (his favorite Frenchman). And while we missed cheering on Federer, we proudly sported his new shirts to remind Djokovic where our loyalty lies. 
My sisters and brother-in-law headed home on Thursday, so we spent our last few days hanging with my parents. As usual we were doing our best just to keep up with them. They managed to beat us in tennis most mornings, and showed us a thing or two about golf in the afternoons. Dan and I are both very much a work in progress in that department, but we had a lot of fun and I wouldn't mind improving my golf game this Summer. 
As usual, the trip went by far too quickly and I was sad to see our week in Palm Springs come to an end. It truly is the land where the sun always shines.

(kacey.ism 380)

No comments:

Post a Comment